[CMake] Can we control component package name in 2.8.8?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:54:08 EDT 2012

2012/6/27 hce <jupiter.hce at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've read some discussions posted ten months ago on
> http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/Component-Package-Name-td6976896.html
> where Eric Noulard pointed out that we could not control component package
> name for the reason of unique package name. I am currently running on 2.8.8
> and generated very funny component package name:
>
>  foo-1.1-1.0.el6.x86_64-FooComponent.rpm, it basically set by following
> format:
>
> ${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}-${CPACK_SYSTEM_NAME}-${COMPONENT_NAME}.rpm
>
> That is not a good format of rpm package name. Can we take control the
> component package name in 2.8.8?

Not yet see:

Won't probably be in 2.8.9 either.
I know it will be useful for many of us, I just lack time to go through it.
The work is not that difficult but it has many potential impact so that
we shall take time to do it carefully.

> BTW, when I build two packages foo-1.1 and , the bin-1.2, the CPack
> generates an extra Unspecified package, theCPackConfig.cmake set:
>
> SET(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL
> "foo-1.1-1.0.el6.x86_64;bin-1.2-1.el6.x86_6;Unspecified")
>
> Where the Unspecified come from and now can I fix it?

As Micha said, this comes from an INSTALL statement which
does not contains COMPONENT.
see
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack#Specificying_components_and_groups

or this recent discussion: