[CMake] Using $ORIGIN as rpath for third party configure script

vivek goel goelvivek2011 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:45:50 EDT 2012

Currently I am setting RPATH using following syntax
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH   "${CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH}:$ORIGIN/../lib")
It is working for the binary build using cmake.
Problem is that it is not working for third party binary I am building
using cmake using their auto-configure script. I am using following command
for configure

add_custom_target(
                            third_party_bin ALL
                           COMMAND ./configure

--with-ld-opt=\"-Wl,-rpath,${CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH}\"
                            --prefix=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}
                           )

Make file generated by third path configure look likes
*  " -Wl,-rpath,':RIGIN/../lib' -lstdc++"*

I think I need to escape ${CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH} correctly. What is the
correct way to escape  ${CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH} for  other third party
configure?

regards
Vivek Goel