[CMake] Can we control component package name in 2.8.8?

hce jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:44:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've read some discussions posted ten months ago on
http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/Component-Package-Name-td6976896.html
where Eric Noulard pointed out that we could not control component package
name for the reason of unique package name. I am currently running on 2.8.8
and generated very funny component package name:

 foo-1.1-1.0.el6.x86_64-FooComponent.rpm, it basically set by following
format:

${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}-${CPACK_SYSTEM_NAME}-${COMPONENT_NAME}.rpm

That is not a good format of rpm package name. Can we take control the
component package name in 2.8.8?

BTW, when I build two packages foo-1.1 and , the bin-1.2, the CPack
generates an extra Unspecified package, theCPackConfig.cmake set:

SET(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL
"foo-1.1-1.0.el6.x86_64;bin-1.2-1.el6.x86_6;Unspecified")

Where the Unspecified come from and now can I fix it?

Thank you.

Jupiter