[CMake] Trying to compile cmake with local copy of ncurses library

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 02:35:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Sohail Shafii <sohailshafii at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the first sentence in your
> response.  How would I run my locally-built cmake "for the cmake sources"?
> Do you mean try to use cmake to generate a makefile for the cmake sources?

Yes, exactly, use the cmake that you just built to configure a build
directory for the CMake sources. That way you can do more diagnostics than
with the bootstrap script.

> Also, I don't know anything regarding cmake's trace features.  I only use
> it to compile other software that need cmake, like ParaView, so my cmake
> knowledge is fairly limited.  I do wonder if most people have ncurses in
> /usr/local/include and have not run into this problem.

Running cmake --trace <normal arguments put here> prints each line that
cmake evaluates as it runs through the scripts. If this doesn't answer the
question as to why it uses the wrong path, then you'd need to add some
debug-message() calls into the FindCurses.cmake script to detect where the
variables are set and to what value. If you want to debug/find the reason
for this at all.

Andreas