[CMake] Python version specification in FindPythonInterp is ignored

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 17:35:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Ateljevich, Eli <eli at water.ca.gov> wrote:

> Actually, clearing the cache worked for FindPythonInterp but I still can’t
> get FindPythonLibs.cmake to work. Same problem …. it can find the 2.4
> version but not the 2.7 version – and gives an error when 2.7 is required.
> Obviously, I cleared the cache this time. Again, is there a hint I can give
> to help it find the version I want?

Well, that depends on how the module actually finds stuff - unless it
documents the ways in its 'header section' (which is also available in the
cmake manual usually). Usually it would use find_path/find_library and may
find_file, which all understand CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH as either cmake or
environment variable and append the necessary include/lib etc. suffix.

Andreas