[CMake] CMake 2.8.9-rc1 ready for testing!

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 18:05:50 EDT 2012

On 23/06/12 5:34 AM, David Cole wrote:
> I am happy to announce that CMake 2.8.9 has entered the release candidate stage!
>
> You can find the source and binaries here:
>
>    http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/?C=M;O=D
Hi,

     I tried bootstrapping on OS X Lion 10.7.4 x64 with XCode 4.3.2 and
GCC 4.2.1

     The boot strapping process created files like
Bootstrap.cmk/cmConfigure.h and Bootstrap.cmk/cmVersionConfig.h which
contains ^M characters.

     This causes the bootstrap compile to fail.

     I am not good with shell script debugging but it seems related to
the shell function cmake_version_component()

     My interest in building CMake 2.8.9rc1 on OS X was to check if the
failure to find Eclipse 3.7 on OS X when using the Eclipse generator has
been resolved.

Regards

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5