[CMake] Using the Microsoft compiler with "Unix Makefiles"

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue Jun 19 15:02:52 EDT 2012

On 6/19/12 8:33 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 6/19/2012 6:49 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> It can be done as Bill Hoffman seems to do this all the time. Let's
>> wait to see what he says. I do know that it involves a lot of setup.
>
> Yes, this is my preferred generator.  I used cygwin gmake, but this one:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe-cygwin1.7
>
> The one that comes with cygwin can not handle c:/ paths that VS requires.

Hm... That part's a bit annoying.  If I'm going to have to bootstrap
with a special binary, I could use a binary of cmake as well.

What I'm trying to accomplish is building a cmake that can generate
Visual Studio project files.  It appears that's not what I get when I
build using the GNU toolchain.  If there were a way to enable this when
building with the GNU toolchain, that would probably be the easiest way
to solve my problem.

Failing that, I'll just build it the conventional way (using a prebuilt
Windows binary).

Braden