[CMake] Accepted way to add "-fPIC" onto CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jun 18 17:09:35 EDT 2012

Linux really wants to have -fPIC for some of my code and I am trying to detect linux and then add this flag for my project but I am having no luck.

if (LINUX)
	set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS ${CMAKE_CSS_FLAGS} "-fPIC")
endif()

Is this NOT the way I should be doing this? It doesn't really "fell" correct but nothing else (including this) seems to work.

Help?

Thanks