[CMake] Strange behavior with Nightly builds

NoRulez norulez at me.com
Wed Jun 6 02:57:08 EDT 2012

Hello,

here is the build process of the build server:

1.) e.g.: last commit at 03:00 pm (svn revision 8) => build is ok
2.) The nightly build starts at 10:00 pm (svn revision 7) => build is ok
    Why is the svn revision before the last commit, it should be 8?
3.) In the morning (~ 06:00 am) a continuous build is triggered (SVN revision 8) => build is ok
    Why is this continuous build triggered?

The folder structure for the project on the build server is the following:

MyProject

    +----build

    +----source

In the CTestScript.cmake if have the following:

if(MODEL STREQUAL "Nightly")
    file(REMOVE_RECURSE "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
    set(CTEST_START_WITH_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY TRUE)
endif()

According to my understanding the build directory should be removed and newly created.
But I don't know why the revisions are changed during the nightly build.

Can anyone please help

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

NoRulez