[CMake] link error in Visual Studio when using boost from CMake

Hui Wang huiwang8921 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:49:49 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using CMake generated Visual Studio solution, and I added boost with
find_package(Boost),
before that I used commands: set(Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS
ON) set(Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED ON) set(Boost_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME OFF)
after that I used
commands: include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR}) add_executable(
MyProject src/main.cpp)

Because automatic linking is used on Visual Studio when including Boost,
and it typically use static libraries, I try not to conflict with that. But
I get the error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib'

I installed pre-compiled binary Boost with the installer provided by
BoostPro Computing, and I checked to find that I do have
libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib, libboost_thread-vc100-mt-s-1_47.lib
libboost_thread-vc100-mt-sgd-1_47.lib libboost_thread-vc100-mt-1_47.lib
in C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_47\lib

I also output messages to find that
Boost_FOUND=TRUE Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS=C:/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_47/lib Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS=C:/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_47

So I'm confused why it has the link error. I tried with dynamically linking
too, it can't find the .dll files at runtime either, but again they exist
right there in the directory I installed boost. Could anyone help me
understand where the problem is?

Thanks!
--
Sophie Wang