[CMake] Dependencies between independent projects

Alexander Broekhuis a.broekhuis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:43:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to have dependencies between independent projects.
For example

ProjectA
ProjectB depends on A
ProjectC depends on B and A

What I like to do is that when project B or C is build, the dependencies
are also build. But I also want the project to be independent, to be more
specific, if the project files for A are being generated I don't want the
files for B and C generated.

Basically my problem is, that I don't want all Makefile to be generated all
at once. But only those needed for a certain project (and its
dependencies). This helps with not having installed every library needed by
all (sub)projects.

Has anyone any experience with this, or perhaps some hints how I can solve
this problem?

TiA!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,