[CMake] Headers don't install on Mac OS X (mysql-connector-c)

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:45:47 EDT 2012

2012/4/26 Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>:
> I'm building mysql-connector-c-6.0.2, which uses cmake, on Mac OS X 10.7.3
> using MacPorts cmake 2.8.7.  I have found that "make install" does not
> actually install the project's header files.
>
> When I tried to reproduce this on Linux (Fedora 16), it worked just fine; so
> it looks like this is a Mac-specific (or perhaps even more specific)
> problem.
>
> I'm a total novice at CMake; but I see this in the top-level CMakeLists.txt:
>
> INSTALL(DIRECTORY "include/"
>        DESTINATION "include"
>        FILES_MATCHING PATTERN "*.h")
>
> Looking at
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:install
>
> ... I don't see anything obviously wrong with that usage.
>
> The package in question can be found here:
>

>> http://mysql.mirrors.pair.com/Downloads/Connector-C/mysql-connector-c-6.0.2.tar.gz

This package is dirty because it contains many files coming from some
Sparc configuration, the following files are coming from a previous in-source
leftover:

Makefile
CMakeFiles
cmake_install.cmake
CPackConfig.cmake
CPackSourceConfig.cmake
CTestTestfile.cmake

Remove those files from the source and try
a clean out-of-source build & install:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Out-of-source_build_trees

--
Erk