[CMake] Calling install() from parent directory

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:54:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a rather complex setup with multiple subdirectories under one
top-level CMakeLists.txt file. I need to install some targets defined
in subdirectories, but the destination of the install is not known at
the time the subdirectory is processed (it potentially depends on
stuff which happens in the top-level CMakeLists.txt after the
subdirectories are added).

Is there a way to do this? When I simply tried putting the
install(TARGETS ...) commands into the top-level CMakeLists.txt, it
complained along the lines of "no such target in current directory."

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Petr