[CMake] cpack and paths too long

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Apr 23 08:32:51 EDT 2012

You should just get used to using shorter paths on the embarrassing OS.

This is an early warning sign for you that your end users will also
encounter these problems as they install your program on their systems in
"non-short" root paths...

You can ignore it if you wish, but the fact remains that Windows STILL has
many components in it that rely on full path names of ALL files being less
than 260 characters.

They do support longer file names, but there are still many legacy tools
where the limit exists.

HTH,
David