[CMake] cmake 32/64 bit

Jörg F. Unger joergfunger at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:45:21 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,
I'm using windows 7 (64). I'm trying to determine the python installation
using cmake.
The problem is that cmake only exists as a 32 bit application. As a
consequence, it has only access to the 32 bit registry entries (WOW64). I
have installed python as a 64 bit application, which is not listed in the
32 bit registry.

By accessing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Python\\PythonCore\\${_CURRENT_VERSION}\\InstallPath

in the FinPythonLibs.cmake as the path, the 32 bit cmake does not find a
python installation. Unfortunately, there is also no possibility to set the
variables (PYTHON_LIBRARY PYTHON_INCUDE_DIR) manually. If I manually add in
the 32 bit registry the 64 bit application (python), everything works,
though this is just something I did to locate the problem, not a permanent
solution.

Any ideas how to circumvent these problems? Or is there a way to build a 64
bit cmake?

Jörg F.