[CMake] cpack and paths too long

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:00:50 EDT 2012

2012/4/19 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
> On 04/19/2012 04:13 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> Could you build out-of-source in a small path?
>> like
>>
>> small/path/build
>> when your source would be in
>> long/path/source
>>
>> cpack should only work with file in the build tree.
>>
>> this is a workaround but it may work.
>>
>> By the way:
>>   Which version of CMake/CPack are you using?
>>   With which platforms/compiler combination(s) are your working?
>>

> I suppose I could yes, I could copy the things I need to c:\tmp maybe and
> use it like this,

You shouldn't need to copy anything I just suggested to use
a build tree **separate** from the source tree.
i.e. out-of-source build cf:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Out-of-source_build_trees

that way the file used by CPack would be on  a shorter path.

> not a great solution but if it's the only way to go...

just a temporary workaround in order to know if it works this way
(**WITHOUT MOVING the source**) ?

> Running:
> cmake 2.8.7
> cpack 2.8.7
> on windows 7

Compiler, Visual Studio something?
You run cpack from the command line or from within IDE/Makefile etc....

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org