[CMake] cpack and paths too long

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:13:18 EDT 2012

2012/4/19 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
> We are trying to make cmake work with our projects, and all the targets work
> fine.
>
> The problem is that on some projects cpack -G NSIS fails because when it
> tries to copy
> files around it generates paths too long.
>
> I found that CMake is able to handle these situations in theory with a
> checksum of the path,
> but it seems that it's not doing it in this case.
>
> The structure is the following, where long/path/cmakelist.txt includes
> the other/long/cmakelist.txt file, and all it's needed for the
> installer is in long/path/result_to_install.
>
> - long/path/cmakelist.txt
> - long/path/result_to_install/
> - other/long/path/cmakelist.txt
>
> Any suggestions?

Could you build out-of-source in a small path?
like

small/path/build
when your source would be in
long/path/source

cpack should only work with file in the build tree.

this is a workaround but it may work.

By the way:
  Which version of CMake/CPack are you using?
  With which platforms/compiler combination(s) are your working?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org