[CMake] avoiding complete rebuild when the user changes

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:21:25 EDT 2012

2012/4/18 Laurent Chapon <chapon at ill.fr>:
> Dear all,
> thanks for all your comments.
> I think the exact situation is not quite like it was explained in the first
> place:
> - The steps are as follows:
> 1) checkout the code somewhere, create a build directory and then cmake..
> 2) Build using the usual make (not as root)
> 3) Then sudo make install for final installation.
>
> A complete rebuild is then performed (again) when I execute step 3.

Are you sure a complete rebuild is done ?
May be only a relink is taking place ?

could you save the output of step 3) i.e.

make &> root_install.log

then try a step 3bis) i.e.

make DESTDIR=/tmp/blah &> user_install.log

then compare root_install.log and user_install.log.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org