[CMake] How to debug a CMake script?

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Apr 15 12:04:41 EDT 2012

Hi CMake,
how do you debug CMake scripts? I know -Wdev, --debug-output,
and --trace but often they are not sufficient. If I am
interested in the value of a variable or want to check why a
test fails I have no clue what to do. Currently, I work with
printf debugging, a technique from the middle age of computer
programming.
Does a special mode or program exist to help me with debugging?
How do you do your debugging?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

--
My new computer came with Windows 7.
Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista.