[CMake] CMake 2.8.8-rc1, Ninja generator, and clean target

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:06:00 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Nicolas Desprès
<nicolas.despres at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like an issue in the generator. The symlink is created as a
> side effect of a rule and not mentioned in the output files. That's
> why it does not get removed. I have pushed a patch on my CMake's
> github clone that should fix the issue without breaking cmake's test
> suite.

My machine is out of commission at the moment, but I'll give it a try as
soon as I can.  It would be nice to have this fix in 2.8.8, but I notice
rc2 doesn't seem to have it?

> Although it seems to works for your case, I'm not sure it is
> the right way to fix this issue. I think you should open a ticket on
> the bug tracker.

I'll try to once my machine is back up... one other thing I notice with
ninja -t clean - it doesn't seem to be removing files added to the
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES directory property.  Is this variable make
specific, and if so is there a generic variable I can use instead to tell
ALL build tools to clean the file(s) in question?

Thanks,
CY