[CMake] Building CMake for HP NonStop

Mike Clapper mike.clapper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:23:41 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to bootstrap CMake-2.8.7 to HP NonStop using the OSS
environment.  The environment provided by OSS is very similar to Linux
and Unix.  The underlying hardware is IA64.

Using the documents on the CMake site, I can get bootstrap to complete
but the subsequent make fails.   I have been able to fix a number of
problems by editing various .h files in the bootstrap subdir.   I have
not been successful in locating the source templates such that these
changes persist if I re-run bootstrap.

What I am looking for is a set of direction for porting CMake, if such a
document exists.  Absent that, it would be a huge help to have a
definition of the various subdirectories use by bootstrap itself.

For example - I have fixed these errors by modifying
"cmake-2.8.7/Utilities/cmIML/ABI.h"  - I include the compiler define for
the NonStop in the '#ifdef' statements - but the changes do not persist
if bootstap is re-run, leading me to believe there is a location in the
source tree where the mods need to be made for this to be a proper port...

--------------------------------   snip
 #error directive: "Signedness of 'char' unknown."

  # error "Existence of 'long long' unknown."
    ^
"/home/ga/clapper/playerstage/cmake-2.8.7/Utilities/cmIML/ABI.h", line
257: error(1007):
          #error directive: "Existence of 'long long' unknown."

  # error "Byte order of target CPU unknown."
    ^
"/home/ga/clapper/playerstage/cmake-2.8.7/Utilities/cmIML/ABI.h", line
407: error(1007):
          #error directive: "Byte order of target CPU unknown."