[CMake] How to set own linker?

Martin Kupke martin.kupke at novero.com
Fri Sep 23 05:08:24 EDT 2011

If I am using  a cross linker, mine is the dld.exe..
How do I incorporate it into the CMake process?
As I could figure out CMake assumes that the compiler itself will do the linking.

On 22.09.11 18:09, Martin Kupke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a toolchain file for cross compiling in my Windows XP
> environment.
> To provide cross compiling functionality I set the CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to
> Generic.
> The toolchain file contains the variables:
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER set to my own wanted compiler, which is dcc.exe
> CMAKE_ASM_OCU_COMPILER set to my own wanted assembler, which is das.exe
> For both, assembler and compiler I created configuration files in the
> Platform folder.
> Up to this point everything goes fine and as wanted, the assembler
> source files with the .s extension are compiled with das.exe and the C
> source files with the extension .c are compiled with the dcc.exe.
>
> In the root top level CMakeLists.txt the instruction
> project( EmbeddedProject C ASM_OCU)
> ensures that only C compiler and ASM_OCU assembler are called (no CXX).
>
> Even in the root top level CMakeLists.txt I set
> add_executable( ${PROJECT_NAME} ${SourceFiles} )
> where SourceFiles is a string containing all source files (assembler and C).
>
> I even tried to set the CMAKE_LINKER variable to my own linker, but it
> isn't used.
> Where is my fault?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin...
>

> --

*martin kupke*

can diagnostics engineer | senior software developer

*m*:+49.151.5511.3632| *e*:martin.kupke at novero.com
<mailto:martin.kupke at novero.com>

skype:martin.kupke_novero | w:www.novero.com <http://www.novero.com>

novero GmbH
meesmannstr.103 | 44807 Bochum | germany

novero gmbh | parsevalstr. 7 a | 40468 düsseldorf | germany |
amtsgericht düsseldorf | hrb 58283 | umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer:
de 814973142 | geschäftsführender gesellschafter: razvan olosu