[CMake] Reverted commit ... and CMake 2.8.6-rc4 planned for this Thursday

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Sep 20 18:49:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Alan W. Irwin
<irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 2011-09-20 16:21-0400 David Cole wrote:
>
>> I will be reverting the commits associated with the bad bug fix
>> mentioned here, so that we will end up with "equivalent to 2.8.5"
>> behavior with respect to this.
>>
>> We'll have to shoot for a real fix for next time.
>
> Thanks, Dave, for that good decision.
>
> BTW, I normally don't test the optimised case like I just did for
> 2.8.6-rc3.  Therefore as due diligence, I repeated that exact
> optimized test for 2.8.5, and all was well. So "equivalent to 2.8.5"
> should work here, but I will check once you get out the next RC just
> to be absolutely sure that 2.8.6 will be fine for PLplot.
>
> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state
> implementation for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); the Time
> Ephemerides project (timeephem.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting
> software package (plplot.sf.net); the libLASi project
> (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net);
> and the Linux Brochure Project (lbproject.sf.net).
> __________________________
>
> Linux-powered Science
> __________________________

This commit:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=98c49a4a258214306db86eb5d7a2383d8b0561d1

reverts that commit:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=fd61be71401ef9e0a241562fc31539273084deff

I just reverted it and merged to 'next' -- tomorrow we'll be merging
the last-minute staged topics in 'next' over to 'master' for rc4,
Thursday, we plan to build and upload rc4, and then, assuming no
showstoppers are reported against rc4, we will do the final release
based on that within a week.

Thanks,
David