[CMake] Using CMake for Eclipse Indigo / CDT 8

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:28:40 EDT 2011

2011/9/13  <svdbg at free.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I usually develop with Visual STudio, but I have to code now on Eclipse so that my software is runnable on Linux.
> I so installed the last release of Eclipse, and want to run CMake 2.8.5 to export an Eclipse project.
> The solutions/projects that CMake generated for Visual are OK.
>
> When I run the CMake file with the CDT generator, it generates several files :
>
> CMakeCache.txt
> cmake_install.cmake
> config.h
> Makefile
> ProfileBuild.cmake
> .cproject
> .project
>
> In Eclipse CDT, when I want to import a CDT project, it asks for a XML file (xml extension).

Which menu are you using to try the import?
I do not observe the same behavior (no "xml" file required)

> What am I supposed to do ?

.cproject and .project are xml files.

Did you try what's described here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:Eclipse_UNIX_Tutorial

It was written for CDT4 but it looks as if its works for me with CDT8 (Indigo)
I do "Import Existing Projects into workspace" select the builddir and
the project is found
and imported withtout trouble.

--
Erk