[CMake] Specify the link command in CMake

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:56:56 EDT 2011

2011/9/13 Federico Carminati <Federico.Carminati at cern.ch>:
> Dear All,
>    is there a way to specify the link command in CMake? If I specify
>
> export LD=/usr/bin/ld ; cmake $MY_SOURCE_DIRECTORY
>
> it is not taken and if I set

I dont' know if LD env var is supposed to be used at all.

> cmake $MY_SOURCE_DIRECTORY \
>  -DCMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE=ld \
>  -DCMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE=ld
>
> what I observe is that the "entire" link command is replaced by "just" ld. Am I missing something?

What are you trying to do?
Replacing the linker application while keeping the option of the one
CMake would have chosen?
Seems weird, if you change linker may be you should specify linker
option as well, no?

This looks like "incomplete" cross compiling (see
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling)
or unsupported compiler use.

May be you can explain us what you are trying to do.
and please do not hijack unrelated thread for asking new question.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org