[CMake] Controlling content of gnerate.stamp.depend

Dominik Rausch rausch at vr.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 5 11:11:04 EDT 2011

Hi

I'm wondering if it is possible to control whether or not a file that is
opened from a CMakeLists.txt is added to the generate.stamp.depend file and
thus checked for up-to-dateness before each build.

We currently scan several files, most of which we don't actually use in the
build system, but we need to read them in order to know this. However, this
always adds them to the dependency list (tested with both include() and
file() reading), and thus changing them triggers a regeneration of the
project before each build - which can be annoying since these files may
change frequently.

While there are other options (avoiding scanning files or doing it in an
external application) I'd prefer reading them from within CMake without
listing them as regeneration dependency.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Regards

  Dominik