[CMake] Symlinks not created on OS X

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Mon Oct 31 20:27:38 EDT 2011

The OS X .dmg installer, cmake-2.8.6-Darwin64-universal.dmg, at http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html, failed to install symlinks in /usr/bin as promised. I received six messages, I think from the Cmake app, of this nature:

Failed create symlink installation may be incomplete: x

where x was ccmake, cmake, cmake-gui, cmakexbuild, cpack, and ctest. I made the symlinks manually and things seem to work OK.

OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks,
Jerry

P.S. It might be a good idea to improve the English consruction of these messages.