[CMake] Suggestions on documenting my CMake modules

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:46:04 EDT 2011

I have several complex functions which require a ton of documentation. I
wanted to type this documentation directly in the cmake file right above the
function() itself, but it is turning out to be a formatting nightmare.

What would you guys recommend as far as this kind of documentation goes? It
would be great if doxygen could scan CMake scripts and generate HTML
documentation out of them, but I don't know if this is possible. Also,
typing up the documentation in a wiki externally would ease the formatting
but would require people to go to an external source for documentation that
would otherwise be immediately available in the code itself.

Ideas?

---------
Robert Dailey