[CMake] ExternalProject dependency question

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 27 16:44:32 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Alexander Neundorf
<a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>> But I'm confused.
>> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10395 is marked as fixed in 2.8.4.
>> Does that mean I can do something like
>> set_property(TARGET log4cplus PROPERTY DEPENDS EP_log4cplus)
>> and have it work?
>
> add_dependencies(), yes.

I'm still confused.  Can you give an example?  I thought you had to
use add_dependencies
every time you refer to the external library, and would rather just have
one statement right after externalproject_add that would take care
of the dependency no matter how many times you referred to the external library.

>> If so, shouldn't that be mentioned in
>> http://www.kitware.com/products/html/BuildingExternalProjectsWithCMake2.8.html ?
>
> That page is from end of 2009, while cmake 2.8.4 is much newer.

Where's the newer doc?
- Dan