[CMake] cdt4 generator and adding new source files from inside eclipse

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 27 05:56:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you make any changes to any CMakeLists.txt, the Makefiles are setup to
> check this and invoke cmake to reconfigure and regenerate those makefile
> scripts. I only use Visual Studio generators, so I can't say exactly how it
> works for Makefiles, but the principle is the same between the two.
> Basically there is no need to run cmake directly after each edit. I only run
> cmake once after a fresh checkout of my source code to get the initial
> scripts, then after that I let it automatically detect changes and do the
> respective work required to regenerate scripts/project files.

That's great.

I'm confused about one thing still: The cdt4 web page says
"When you edit your CMakeLists.txt file, you are recommended to delete
your project and reimport it."
Why?   If it's because cmake has generated a new .project / .cproject,
does that mean you should do a build (or somehow otherwise trigger
a cmake run) before deleting and reimporting the project?
- Dan