[CMake] Registering imported library,

Łukasz Tasz lukasz at tasz.eu
Thu Oct 27 03:36:58 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have small problem how to proceed with external library.
I have project A which is producing one cmake target libfoo.
This foo is link against lib bar, which is registered as imported
library, and has imported location.
Lib foo is kind of wrapper/provider of functionality of bar lib. (bar
can be always changed to baz, or other)

Then target foo is used by many other libraries, lot of other
libraries are linked against foo, and automatically those get
dependencies to bar (or baz or so..).

The problem is that if other targets are linked on the same level then
foo, or below, library location of bar is known, in all other cases,
bar is resolved (during linking) just to -lbar. Everything is
according to documentation.

Do you have any ideas how to make bar available across whole configuration?

The aim is to make other CMakeLists independent of bar, no
linking_directories and so, just linking against foo, and foo should
provide the needed information.

thanks in advance
Lukasz

--