[CMake] cpack problem

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:32:49 EDT 2011

2011/10/27  <ycollette.nospam at free.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I've built an installer using cmake / cpack / nsis. I work under windpws XP 64 bits.
> I first built a "monolithic" installer and everything is fine. My installer have several components.
> Now, I build a "network" installation. So, I added:
>
>  cpack_configure_downloads(ftp://ftp.myftpsite.fr/New
>                            ALL)
>
> I have installed the nsis plugin ZipDLL in the right place.
> The installer builds nicely. I uploaded all the zipped component on my ftp site and now, if I execute the installer, all the selected components are correctly installed but:
> - all the files are hidden ...

What do you mean by "hidden" ?
They do have the "hidden" attribute set?
Sorry for the dummy question but I'm not using Windows very often so I
wonder what this mean?

Could you narrow down the problem a little bit.
Does a component installer WITHOUT  ZipDLL and
cpack_configure_downloads works ok?
i.e. no hidden files?
You said that "monolithic" installer works, it monolithic in the CPack
sense (no component)
or in the sense that you do not get files from the network?

> - another problem, two components have a file in common. ZipDLL doesn't like this and an error message is displayed. I needed to add another component to store the common files, and add a dependency in the cmakelists.txt file.

This one looks like a ZipDLL/NSIS problem.