[CMake] Integrating cmake into eclipse: running test cases from gui?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Oct 26 14:54:11 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Alexander Neundorf
<a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> It would be nice if you could give cmake from current git master a try. I have
> put some more work into it, and now you should get also a virtual folder
> containing all targets (each with a Build and a Clean target) and their
> associated source files.

OK, I'll see if I can try that out.

>> Next question: how does one trigger "make test" from eclipse?
>> In the java world, I think a plugin is used to do that.
>> (
>> http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user
>> %2FgettingStarted%2Fqs-junit.htm )
>> Is there a corresponding plugin for cmake?  It oughtta be pretty simple...
>> all it has to do is add a "run tests" button somewhere.
>
> No idea how that works/could work with a cmake-generated project file.
>
>> It might be nice to have that button let you select
>> which tests to run, but I'd settle for one that ran all tests.
>
> Not quite sure, but the "test" target should be added as a target which can be
> executed. Are you sure it's not there ?

There is one executable for each project's tests.
What if I want to run all tests?  That's a lot of
clicking around to find all those project's test executables.

In Java, there's a plugin that lists all the tests, and lets you run
one or all a bit more conveniently
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Fguide%2Ftools%2Flaunchers%2Fjunit_test.htm

For now, I guess I can just tell developers to open a shell and do
"make test" by hand if they want to run all the tests, but that's kind
of a cop-out.
- Dan