[CMake] specify solution name with --build

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 26 08:29:26 EDT 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Anton Sibilev <anton.sibilev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seem I've found issue, in CMakeCache.txt I have two targets:
>
> //Value Computed by CMake
> Project_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/_work/test_build
> //Value Computed by CMake
> Project_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/_work/test
>
> //Value Computed by CMake
> test_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/_work/test_build
> //Value Computed by CMake
> test_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/_work/test
>
> May be that is why I have problem with --build? But I use project( "test" ) function only one time.. How I can remove this from projects generation?
>
> 2011/10/26 Anton Sibilev <anton.sibilev at gmail.com>
> Hello! Can you please help me?
> I use such cmdline to run build with CMake - "cmake-2.8.6\bin\cmake --build folder_with_solution", where "folder_with_solution" is folder with some_name.sln file.
> And what I have is:
>
> The following files were specified on the command line:
>
>         Project.sln
>
> These files could not be found and will not be loaded.
>
> Can I somehow specify the name of solution/project file? On linux --build works fine with Makefiles.
> Thanks!
>
> --

The problem here is likely an incorrect value of CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME in the CMakeCache.txt file. If so, that probably means you do not have a PROJECT command in your top level CMakeLists.txt file.

Simply add one, and try a fresh build. (Starting with an empty directory...)

cmake --build uses the value of CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME to figure out what sln file name to pass to Visual Studio for building.

HTH,
David