[CMake] Setting Platform (Win32 or x64) for Visual Studio in CMake

Ludovic Hoyet lhoyet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:18:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to generate VCproj for Visual Studio 32 and 64bit, and I would
like to have the possibility to have both the 32bit version and the 64bit
version in a single sln file. For this in Visual studio I can set the
platform to x^$ for the configurations that I want, but I need to do it by
hand every time.

Is there a way to set the platform for a given configuration in CMake?

At the moment, I manage to define the Debug, Release, Debug_x64 and
Release_x64 configurations, but the platform is either Win32 or x64 for all
of them. I do not manage to get the x64 for only the corresponding
configurations.

Any idea about how to set this ? It is because we don't want to have to
generate two projects, one for 32 and one for 64 bit applications...

Cheers,

Ludovic

Ludovic Hoyet
Research Fellow,
Graphics Vision and Visualisation group,
Trinity College Dublin
http://www.scss.tcd.ie/~hoyetl/