[CMake] CMake still broken post-2.8.1

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 25 09:14:23 EDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 5:00 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2011/10/25 Phil Smith<phil at voltage.com>:
>> # Specify the cross-compilers
>> SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcc.exe")
>> SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcxx.exe")
>
> I think CMAKE_[C|CXX]_COMPILER vars are supposed to contain
> a command not command + list of args.
> If I'm wrong please someone (Alex, Bill,...) just tell me.

Correct.  Those variables always hold only the compiler name.
When they are built from environment variables like CC and CXX
we split the arguments out into a separate variable.  I think
the change in behavior came from this thread's change:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user/27857
  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=fd38eda9

Read my first message in that thread for an explanation.

-Brad