[CMake] underscore mangling with blas and cmake

Jack Chessa jfchessa at utep.edu
Sun Oct 23 23:25:16 EDT 2011

I am new to cmake and have a question that I hope has a simple
answer.  I am building a simple C++ program that uses blas scopy.  I
am using

find_package(BLAS REQUIRED)

to find blas on the system (OSX in this case), and the cmake step
seems to find it, but when I go to the make step I get the
Undefined symbols:
   "_scopy_", referenced from:
       _main in blas_ex.cpp.o

I usually can fix this with the -fleading-underscore or -fnoleading-
underscore or -Dadd_... but I am not really sure what is going on in
the cmake build or the Makefile that cmake creates.  I don't see
any .o files to nm on either.  So my question is what is the best way
to deal with underscore issues in cmake?  Does anyone have a simple
example for using cmake to build a c++ program with blas or lapack.

Thanks

Jack Chessa
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Texas at El Paso
Email:    jfchessa at utep.edu
Office:    A309
Voice:     (915) 747-6900
Fax:                        (915) 747-5019
Web:       http://utminers.utep.edu/jfchessa/index.html