[CMake] CMake & MFC

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:38:08 EDT 2011

Those quotes do look suspicious but for some reason they work just fine in
Cygwin.

Basically I load vsvars32.bat into my cygwin environment, and I have
modified the paths in that batch file to the "short path" format since our
makefile build scripts do not play friendly with spaces in the file paths.
Don't ask me much more about it, I didn't write the scripts so I'm not very
familiar with them.

No MFC4 libs are in my Visual Studio installation directory. Also there are
NO mfc4 libs anywhere on my entire hard drive, as I did a search at that
level as well.

What about the command switches? There are quite a few of them and I don't
know what most of them do. Did you find anything related to this problem
that CMake might be missing? One thing I've been trying to figure out is
exactly how mfc40.lib is coming up. It's not in the command line, I haven't
found it in the source code, so where the heck would it be coming from? I'm
completely at a loss. Would _WIN_VER=0x400 (or whatever version) or
something have anything to do with this?