[CMake] CDT generator - CDT 8.0.1 [Visual Studio compiler support]

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:15:52 EDT 2011

On 10 October 2011 03:00, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>wrote:

> On Friday 07 October 2011, Nicholas Yue wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Using CMake 2.8.4, I see Eclipse CDT4 generator support for NMake
> >
> >   With the recent release of CDT 8.X, there is Visual Studio compiler
> > as a new/separate toolchain.
> >
> >   Are there plans to support that as a generator?
>
> Not sure anything special is needed for that.
> Did you try it already ?

Hi Alex,

  Sorry for the slow reply.

  Yes, I have tried that.

  The generated .cproject and .project files seems to be missing the include
path definitions

  I noticed this indirectly when I tried to use the Indexer in CDT 8.0.1,
the include path from the CMakeLists.txt didn't seems to make it to the
generated .cproject and .project files so the indexer does not know where to
look for the necessary headers for the given project. This means that the
auto-completion feature is not taken advantage of.

Regards
--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5