[CMake] Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2011 Developer Preview cannot open cmake-generated vcproj files

Claudio Bantaloukas rockdreamer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:25:00 EDT 2011

Hi *
I have installed the windows developer preview with visual studio 2011.
I tried to use cmake 2.8.6 to generate a project but:
- when I try to open the sln file, I get a modal dialog saying that the
format is not recognized
(in fact the .sln file can be opened if I change the header to
--
Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00
# Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows 8

Ideas on how to make this work? Other than ditching this experiment
alltogether that is? ;)

--
Claudio Bantaloukas http://www.rdfm.org/ammuzzu/