[CMake] Environment variables and ExternalProject

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Oct 17 13:58:56 EDT 2011

For now, a wrapper script is definitely the way to do this.

We need the ability to specify environment values generically in the
"add_custom_command" command. Once we have that, adding support to
ExternalProject will be trivial. Until we have that, a wrapper script
work-around is valid now and will still be valid after we add that
feature.

There are no concrete plans that I am aware of to do this work in the
near future. But when it is done (eventually), you'll probably hear
about it first here on this mailing list...

Thanks,
David C.