[CMake] Problem with CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:12:31 EDT 2011

So I'm using the VS7.1 generator. I have IDL files which create header files
in my binary output directory located here:

C:\Code\work\rdailey-t510-sandbox\build\common\exchange\gdexchsrvcommon\gdexchsrvcommon.dir\Debug

I need the path above to be an include directory, so I tried this before I
created my target:

    include_directories( "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}" )

And upon inspection of this path in Visual Studio, I see:

C:\Code\work\rdailey-t510-sandbox\build\common\exchange\gdexchsrvcommon\$(OutDir)

According to Visual Studio, however, the following values apply:

    $(OutDir) = "Debug"
    $(IntDir) = "gdexchsrvcommon.dir\Debug"

In this case, $(IntDir) is what I want, since it has the
"gdexchsrvcommon.dir" part of the path that $(OutDir) is missing. According
to the documentation, $(OutDir) is the intended result outside of VS6.

What am I doing wrong here? How can I get the $(IntDir) path instead?

---------
Robert Dailey