[CMake] install() question

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:09:41 EDT 2011

First of all I'm using cmake 2.8.6 and generating Visual Studio 2003
projects with it.

There is a particular project that needs to first copy its header files to a
specific directory in a specific structure. After that, all other projects
need to reference this project's source code from the installed location,
not its actual location that it was copied from.

The install() command sounded perfect for this but unfortunately it seems
that the INSTALL project builds *last*. What I need is for the files to be
installed/copied FIRST, so that the other projects will succeed when I build
them.

Any idea if install() can do this? I'm not really sure of the purpose for
install(), so maybe I'm approaching this wrong.

---------
Robert Dailey