[CMake] Attaching files for dashboard submission

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Oct 13 12:06:53 EDT 2011

For now, no. ATTACHED_FILES uses a hard-coded file type:

  type=\"file\"

(in CMake/Source/CTest/cmCTestTestHandler.cxx, line 1293 in today's 'next')

Instead of using ATTACHED_FILES, you could alternatively emit your own
NamedMeasurement text in the stdout output stream of your test
program. (Or you could do as VTK regression tests do and use the
old-school "DartMeasurementFile" on the output stream, naming a file
and giving a type, which ctest will transform into a NamedMeasurement
with the image file inline-encoded...)

In the long term, it seems like it would be best to add a way to
assign ATTACHED_FILES types. The obvious "file extension mapping" to
the well-known image types should be fairly easy to do.

HTH,
David