[CMake] Compiling and building using boost under Windows.

Jose jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:49:18 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile in Windows an app that I have been working on in
Ubuntu for a while.

My problem is that FindBoost.cmake does not find my boost libraries even
though they are in the system.

I have them compiled with the compiler "vc71, vc80.....and so on"

I indicate in my cmake file  to use :

  SET (BOOST_LIB_PREFIX "lib")
  SET (BOOST_COMPILER "-vc71") //tried the other compilers as well.

FindBoost finds my boost directory but it does not find the libraries. The
libraries look like this : libboost_filesystem-vcXX-mt-1_47 ,
boost_filesystem-vcXX-mt-1_47 and libboost_filesystem-vcXX-mt-1_47.dll

It looks like it is a problem that can be fixed modifying some boost
variables like prefixes or suffixes but I have tried some combinations and
didn't come up with a solution that works

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Jose