[CMake] Linker flags not considered

pellegrini pellegrini at ill.fr
Wed Oct 12 11:05:52 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I would like to build a project using intel fortran compiler. When
building the project I would like to add/change two linker
flags:
    - /stack:128000000
    - /subsystem:windows (when launched, the executable (GUI) will not
launch any additional terminal)

To do so, I simply added in my CMakeLists.txt file the following line:

    set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "/stack:128000000 /subsystem:windows")

Unfortunately, when starting my application, there is still a terminal
window that pops up. So the /subsystem:windows seems to have been
skipped by the linker (and I guess also the /stack:128000000 flag).

I also try (by the way what is the difference ?):
    set(LINK_FLAGS "/stack:128000000 /subsystem:windows")

but it also produced the same unwanted effect.

did I miss something somewhere ?

thanks for your help

Eric

--