[CMake] Protobuf Module

James Anderson japanwikidonate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:46:42 EDT 2011

PROTOBUF_GENERATE_CPP does not seem to work at all in ubuntu. I was working
with 2.8.3 and since it wasn't working I have compiled the latest cmake
(2.8.6) but still no luck. I also tried with --debug-output but after
finding protobuf no other related output.

Here's the relevant segment:

FIND_PACKAGE(Protobuf)

IF(PROTOBUF_FOUND)

    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${PROTOBUF_INCLUDE_DIRS})

    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})

    PROTOBUF_GENERATE_CPP(PROTO_SRCS PROTO_HDRS data.proto)

ENDIF()

Yet the protoc compiler is never invoked and the data.pb.cc and .h
files are never created (even tried without the IF statement).

Any ideas?

James