[CMake] "Un-program" Visual Studio (msvc 10) compiler in cygwin

Paul Hansen paul.hansen.name at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 05:14:35 EDT 2011

Hi
I have tried different ways to escape the MSVC compiler.
I have installed Cygwin on Windows 7 and try this out in Cygwin
I tried to
- set CMAKE_CC_COMPILER=compiler.exe in CMakeLists.txt (before project())
- cmake.exe -D CMAKE_CC_COMPILER=compiler.exe .
 - cmake.exe -D CMAKE_CC_COMPILER=/c/compiler/compiler.exe .
But when cmake.exe is executed, it finds the MSVC compiler:
$ which compiler.exe
/c/compiler/compiler.exe
$ cat cmake.sh
cmake.exe -D CMAKE_C_COMPILER=compiler.exe .
$ ./cmake.sh
-- Building for: Visual Studio 10
-- ...

Is it because I don't include -G "My generator"? if so what is included in a
generator?

Thank you very much
Paul