[CMake] Contribute two new find package implementation.

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:37:32 EDT 2011

2011/10/9 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> On Friday 07 October 2011, Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have done and would like to contribute two new find package
>> implementations. These are both IEEE standardized successors rti1516 and
>> rti1516e of the RTI libraries  where cmake already has the predecessor
>> library find package implementation with FindRTI.cmake.
>>
>> Attached are the initial versions of FindRTI1516.cmake and
>> FindRTI1516E.cmake. Is it possible to include these or improoved versions
>> into the standard distribution?
>> Please review and may be apply.
>
> Don't know much (i.e. only 2 minutes of googling) about RTI, and I didn't
> really find a homepage.

RTI = Run Time Infrastructure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-Time_Infrastructure_%28simulation%29

> Are the RTI libs built themselves with cmake ?

As you surely understood from the previous ref.
RTI is a generic term like "CORBA"
at least one RTI implementation is built with CMake
CERTI: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/certi

but for the commercial ones mainly Pitch and Mäk I don't know.

> If so, maybe find-packages are not needed, but instead they should install
> Config.cmake files ?

Clearly on my TODO list for CERTI but this only solve a part of the problem
because one should be able to built an RTI-based application which is
"implementation agnostic".
So better use something like FindRTI.cmake for building this kind
of application (my opinion though).

--
Erk
http://www.april.org