[CMake] Issue w/ myproj-targets-<buildtype>.cmake not being generated.

Raindog raindog at macrohmasheen.com
Thu Oct 6 22:04:23 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have code like the following in my CMakeLists.txt file to make it
simpler to import code from a library.

install(TARGETS ${PROJECT_NAME} DESTINATION
${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/../lib/${BUILD_TYPE_GNU_ONLY} EXPORT
${PROJECT_NAME}-targets)
install(EXPORT ${PROJECT_NAME}-targets DESTINATION
${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/../lib/${BUILD_TYPE_GNU_ONLY})

The problem I have, is that for one project, it creates the files:

myproja-targets.cmake
myproja-targets-<buildtype>.cmake

However, the same lines of code in a different project only produces

myprojb-targets.cmake

And when myprojc tries to use myprojb via:

include(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/../myprojb/lib/${BUILD_TYPE_GNU_ONLY}/myprojb-targets.cmake)

It fails, however the same line above modified for myproja succeeds

As a note, the lib files for myproja and myprojb are both created and
installed as expected.

During writing this, I discovered a minor discrepancy in the install
outputs, the one that succeeds, has this:
-- Install configuration: "<build type>"

However, the one that fails has:
-- Install configuration: ""

The interesting thing to me is that I did not specify the build type in
a different way, both CMakeLists.txt include a file that sets
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE automatically if not specified on the cmd line.

Any suggestions?

Thanks